Pages

Friday, April 17, 2015

Bee City in Cottageville, SC

Yesterday my son's class took a trip out to Bee City in Cottageville, SC.
Bee City is a honeybee farm, petting zoo and nature center.

It was cold for April (55) and a little rainy but that didn't stop us from having lots of fun checking out and feeding all the animals.

For $1-3 you can pick up different foods for the monkeys, birds or large animals (llamas, horses, cows, etc.).


 They have a cool aviary where you can go feed the birds. My son loves doing this, having done it at the Miami Zoo a couple of times. I don't mind being in there but I am not a fan of the birds flying all around my head. Feels like I'm in a Hitchcock movie!





 Aaahh, the llamas.
First they spit a little bit on my son and then spit food all over the other kid I was watching. I did what any good chaperone would do: laughed until I cried (the food was all over his face, y'all)...and then helped him clean-up with the wipes I brought along. 

All in all, it was a fun time and we will definitely go back since my husband didn't get to go.

Have you ever been to Bee City?!

Hope y'all have a great weekend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment