Pages

Monday, December 7, 2015

Hilton Head, Beaufort and Yemassee: Weekending

Good Morning!

It has been raining all night but, thankfully, we had amazing weather this weekend for our trip down to Hilton Head. My Dad and stepmom had a week at a condo and invited us down for the tail end of their time. My husband had to work, so my son, daughter, her friend and I headed out Friday after school for a fun weekend.



We enjoyed a walk on the beach Saturday morning.
 Played some shuffleboard...
 The kids had fun in one of two heated pools while I enjoyed sitting in the sun.
 At night, we headed over to the Dove Street Festival of Lights at Shelter Cove Town Centre.
We swung by the Hilton Head Fire Department's drive-thru light display. I was driving so I could only grab a picture at the end.
We then headed back to the resort and roasted some marshmallows at the fire pit.
I loved all the lights and decorations the resort had around the main office.
 Yesterday we had to be out by 10 so we got up and headed to Beaufort. It was our first time going so we decided to head for Waterfront Park.



 We grabbed smoothies inside Common Ground, a cute coffee shop on the edge of the park. There were lots of other restaurants there too but since it was early Sunday, they were all closed.
 After letting the kids play on the large playground, we got back in the car and headed about 30 minutes north to the Old Sheldon Church ruins.



 The church was burned by the British Army in 1779, rebuilt and then burned by the Federal Army in 1865. The ruins are often photographed and painted (there was an artist painting when we arrived) and if you are a member of the Parish Church of St. Helena in Beaufort you can be married there! Isn't it stunning? 

Have you been to Beaufort? Any suggestions for my next trip? I definitely want to go back when all the little shops are open.

Linking up with the fabulous Biana today. You should too!
 

9 comments:

  1. Hilton Head looks gorgeous this time of year!! I'm loving how festive the downtown area was!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lights and decorations are fabulous! And sitting in the sun - so jealous of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an amazing weekend! All of those lights are so pretty!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful lights!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the photos from your weekend!! The ruins look so cool, and how awesome that the pools were still heated for the kids to use?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Beautfort! We went there last October. They have a drive-in movie theater which was fun =) Those lights in Hilton Head are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, this looks like the perfect weekend. I was born in Beaufort and it looks like I need to go back
    http://makingrestorations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like such a fun weekend! I've never been there, but it looks like a great place to visit! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a gorgeous, lovely place and even better memories. i love that spanish moss everywhere.

    ReplyDelete